Steiff Summer Family Festival – Giengen, Germany
The Big Steiff Summer Family Festival in Giengen from June 28th to 30th.
From June 28th to 30th, Margarete Steiff GmbH invites you to the annual summer family festival around the Steiff Museum in Giengen an der Brenz. On three days, all Steiff fans, lovers and collectors can look forward to a varied program on the show stage as well as various highlights of the famous plush bears. Steiff is known far beyond the country’s borders for its moving showpieces. During the Steiff summer, too, visitors can marvel at the lovingly arranged productions in Giengen. »Artisan market In addition, the large summer market awaits visitors with many artisans, regional exhibitors and exciting children’s activities from partners of the Steiff Museum and corporate business.
- Hand signed by great-great-nephew If you want to delve deeper into the history of Steiff, you can find out more about the life of the company founder in Margarete Steiff’s birthplace. The birthplace will be open exclusively during the celebrations. Margarete’s great-great-nephew, Joachim Steiff, will also sign your favorite Steiff animals on all three days.
- Otto Waalkes at the festival The visit of the popular comedian Otto Waalkes on Friday, June 28th, from 3:00 to 4:00 pm is particularly eagerly awaited. The world-famous entertainer will give an interview on stage and will be available for autographs afterwards.
- Cooking with stars In addition, the“ #46PLUSkocht ”association is presenting its own cookbook, which was created with the support of famous star chefs such as Frank Oehler, Simon Tress and Bernd Siefert. On Saturday and Sunday between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., the restaurateurs in Giengen will sign the joint cookbook.
- Plush giants and party In addition to these celebrity guests, there will also be some larger than life plush friends at the mascot meeting of Frieda and Teddybär Knopf on Saturday at 3 p.m. in Giengen, before the great summer party starts at 7:00 p.m. with a great evening program. Among other things, the party band The Bishops, the drum stars and the balloon glow will delight the guests during a brilliant musical fireworks display at nightfall.
- International collectors‘ market, Steiff sales tent, flea market, antiques, special auction. If you want to increase your collection of Steiff animals, you have the opportunity to do so every day between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on the international sales exchange. Precious replicas and antique rarities line up alongside memories from your own childhood. Alternatively, between 10 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., bargain hunters can buy one or two Steiff animals in addition to children’s clothing in the Steiff sales tent with flea market. On Friday and Saturday, specialists from the Ladenburg toy auction are available to appraise your own Steiff treasures in the conference room of the Steiff Museum. On Saturday at 6:00 p.m. there will be a Steiff special auction for antique collectibles and rarities in the Schranne in Giengen
- Steiff Club The Steiff Club will also present the current program in the conference room of the museum on Friday and Saturday between 10 am and 7:00 pm / 4:00 pm. Members of the club can take part in a competition and look forward to a surprise.
- Stage There is a varied stage program on all three days. Marcel Wagner will lead the guests through the program on the show stage as moderator. On Sunday at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m., the children can look forward to Tom Palme and Rodscha from Cambodia with their hands-on music. The performers then give autographs.