Annual Sturbridge Steiff Teddy Bear Show
Sunday – June 04, 2023 – Sturbridge Teddy Bear and Doll Show – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
We return to Sturbridge, Massachusetts in 2023
Admission at the door: $6.00 for adults and children under 12 are free. We will reimburse your admission fee ($6.00) with a purchase of $50.00 or more.
- A Spectacular Selection of Steiff Teddy Bears, Dolls and Folk Art
- Antique, Collectible, Fashion, Barbie Dolls, Re-borns & Original Artist Dolls & Bears From The 18th Century To The 21st Century
- Vintage Clothing & Linens
- Furniture, Doll Houses, Doll Parts, Miniatures
- Vintage Toys
- American Girl Clothing (#ad) and Much More
Sturbridge Host Hotel
366 Main St
Sturbridge, MA 01566
Teddy Bear Cleaning Tips
PLEASE DON’T throw your antique teddy bear in the washing machine! Jointed mohair or sheepskin bears should only ever be surface cleaned. Older delicate fabrics will disintegrate in the washing machine. Some older toys are often stuffed with wood wool, which will rot if it gets too wet. Color can also seep from the filling and stain the outer fabric.
- For most teddy bear cleaning, we recommend a surface clean.
- The best way to do this is with carpet foam or a mild shampoo and warm water solution.
- Do not get your toy very wet – just enough water to loosen the dirt. A steam cleaner (#ad) is helpful if you have one.
- Apply the foam or suds with a toothbrush and wipe down with a clean cloth to remove dirt. You may need to do this for several hours if the toy is very dirty.
- Starting with a soft, wide brush, gently brush out your toy’s fur. You can gradually build up to finer wire brushes to fluff up the fur. Make sure to brush very gently to avoid pulling out any fur.