Sturbridge Doll, Folk Art, and Teddy Bear Show
Sunday – October 01, 2023 – Sturbridge Teddy Bear and Doll Show – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
We return to Sturbridge, Massachusetts in 2023
Admission at the door: $6.00 for adults and children under 12 are free. We will reimburse your admission fee ($6.00) with a purchase of $50.00 or more.
Get ready for an adventure through time as we present:
🌟 A Spectacular Selection of Dolls, Teddy Bears & Folk Art! (#ad) 🌟
We’ve got everything to make your collector’s heart skip a beat:
🎎 Antique & Collectible Dolls: Pieces so timeless, they’ve seen more history than most textbooks!
👗 Fashion & Barbie Dolls (#ad): Step into the world of glitz, glamour, and fabulous fashion!
🍼 Reborn & Original Artist Dolls & Bears: Handcrafted masterpieces that are almost as unique as you are!
⏳ From the 18th Century to the 21st Century: Travel through time without leaving the room!
But wait, there’s more!
👚 Vintage Clothing & Linens: Take a fashionable trip down memory lane!
🪑 Furniture & Doll Houses: Because your dolls should live as stylishly as you do!
🧩 Doll Parts & Miniatures: DIY-ers, assemble! Find all the bits and bobs you need!
🎒 American Girl Clothing (#ad): Dress your American Girl in the finest threads!
🎟️ Special Attractions 🎟️
📋 UFDC Information Table: Get all your burning doll questions answered!
🎁 Door Prizes: Yes, you could walk away with more than just memories!
🔍 Identification/Valuation: Find out if you’re holding onto a hidden gem!
🛠️ Restringing & Minor Repair: Breathe new life into your beloved collectibles!
🍔 Hungry? Don’t worry!
🍴 Food for Purchase On Site: Because treasure hunting works up an appetite!
🦽 Good to Know:
♿ Handicap Accessible: Everyone’s invited!
So mark your calendar and join us for a day filled with history, art, and above all, FUN! 🎉
Sturbridge Host Hotel
366 Main St
Sturbridge, MA 01566
Teddy Bear Cleaning Tips
PLEASE DON’T throw your antique teddy bear in the washing machine! Jointed mohair or sheepskin bears should only ever be surface cleaned. Older delicate fabrics will disintegrate in the washing machine. Some older toys are often stuffed with wood wool, which will rot if it gets too wet. Color can also seep from the filling and stain the outer fabric.
- For most teddy bear cleaning, we recommend a surface clean.
- The best way to do this is with carpet foam or a mild shampoo and warm water solution.
- Do not get your toy very wet – just enough water to loosen the dirt. A steam cleaner (#ad) is helpful if you have one.
- Apply the foam or suds with a toothbrush and wipe down with a clean cloth to remove dirt. You may need to do this for several hours if the toy is very dirty.
- Starting with a soft, wide brush, gently brush out your toy’s fur. You can gradually build up to finer wire brushes to fluff up the fur. Make sure to brush very gently to avoid pulling out any fur.