Book Store Collectible Book Categories
Collectors & Hobbyists Teddy Bear Collectors’ Guides & Books Book Store
Steiff Book Store
Steiff is a German-based plush toy company. It was founded in 1880 by Margarete Steiff, a seamstress. The toys began as elephants, and were originally a design Steiff found in a magazine and sold as pincushions to her customers. We carry many Steiff items in our eBay Store
Collectible Teddy Bear Books
Find a huge variety of new & used Antiques Collectibles Teddy Bears books online including bestsellers & rare titles at the best prices.
5 Amazon Prime Book Service Benefits For Book Lovers
Borrow books from Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
Get free access to Prime Reading
Get the print book shipped for free
Get one Kindle First ebook a month, at no extra cost
Get free access to Audible Channels.
10 Teddy Bear Trivial Facts
1. The origins of Hug A Bear Day are unclear but it may be connected with the day in November 1902 when Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt refused to shoot a bear on a hunting trip in Mississippi.
2. Actually the hunting trip was on November 14, not November 7.
3. The incident of Roosevelt sparing the bear led to the popularity and naming of Teddy bears.
4. The story of Goldilocks And The Three Bears was written in 1837 by Robert Southey who was the Poet Laureate at the time.
5. In Southey’s original story, the visitor to the bears’ house was an ugly old woman. Goldilocks only entered the tale in later versions.
6. In 1902 in Germany, Steiff launched “Bear 55 PB”, the first toy bear with jointed arms and legs.
7. The Oxford English Dictionary dates the first use of the term teddy bear to 1906.
8. The Teddy Bears’ Picnic song was originally called The Teddy Bear Two Step.
9. It was composed in 1907 by JK Bratton. Its words by Jimmy Kennedy were added in 1932.
10. Bear hugs predate teddy bears by 60 years. The term bear-hug was first recorded in 1846.